Monday, June 22, 2015

Classroom Rules Makeover

Summer has officially started and I am ready to show off my first Monday made-it of the year: my classroom rules makeover!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I recently made the decision to use a little less pink in the classroom and a little more blue/turquoise. For the past two years, my classroom rules and school expectations board looked like this:
 
 
 
I like it, but the pink background looks too dark in the room and I don't like how busy the canvases look.
 
I wanted to re-do the rules, but didn't feel like buying new canvases or peeling off all of the old paper, so I just slapped some Mod Podge on and put the new paper right on top!
 
 
I used a roll of Fadeless paper and it was thick enough to cover the old canvases without showing anything through! BIG time saver! I really like the plain black paper background. The old polka dots were cute, but it looked too busy.
 
 I had the new rules papers printed at Staples so that the ink wouldn't smear when I put the top coat on and I think they look great!
 
The new school expectations:
 
 
 
My new rules:
 
 
I am going to get some blue felt to cover the board with in August. I think that this will really brighten up the room and make everything easier to see.
 
 
 
Now I'm off to the classroom supply store to get some new borders and get my new nameplates laminated!


10 comments:

  1. Love your new designs! I'm a bit biased though since I love blue and green :) Super smart time saver with using the paper right over the canvas... they turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your makeover. Blue and green always look great, and the clip art is really cute!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your board is going to be very eye catching! I love that you used canvases...it gives your rules a 3D pop and makes them look really professional!
    Tonya
    Storybook Endings in Second

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the new look!

    AWESOME JOB!
    Elizabeth

    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Nice! Mine are just laminated and on the wall with sticky tack.
    Beti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super Cute! I bet your room looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing!
    -Mary Ellen
    First Little Lessons

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the makeover!!! They turned out super cute!!! Thanks for linking up:)
    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful makeover! It looks wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete