Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Summer Afternoon with Maggie

So I was sitting on the couch, enjoying my completely unscheduled summer afternoon, when Maggie says to me, "Hey mom (she calls me mom), I want some treats."
 
 
 
Unfortunately, we were completely out of her usual treats, so I quickly looked up homemade cat treats and found a recipe that I had all of the ingredients to make (It must have been fate!).
 
It features tuna, which is Maggie's absolute favorite thing ever! She very rarely gets to have any tuna, so I let her sample a bit while I was mixing up the batter.
 
 
After mixing everything up, it looked pretty unappetizing, but smelled much like something Maggie would eat, so I continued on.
 
 
I got them in the oven while Maggie waited very patiently about one foot away from the oven.
 
 
Then it happened... I took them out to flip them over and my sweet kitty the wild beast went crazy! She was yowling, pacing, trying to get on the counter and very nearly climbed up my leg. Ouch!
 
 
 
They ended up being way bigger than expected... but I left them to cool while I kept the beast busy with her feather wand.
 
 
 
Then it was the moment of truth, Maggie waited to sample the first treat...
 
 
...mmmm... smells good...
 
 
...rejected.
 
 
At this point, I figured I would try the whole "throw the treat so the cat chases/eats it" thing...
 
 
...which was apparently not enough incentive for Maggie to eat my amazing homemade tuna treats.
 
Fine. Maggie doesn't want my treats, then-
 
 
until the ones I just ordered online arrive on Friday!
 
Before I go, here's a little preview of what I'm working on for Monday Made it next week!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment