Monday, June 29, 2015

Monday Made-it: Lots of Labels!

 
 
It has been a busy week here! I have been working on the finishing touches of my lanai redecoration project in addition to my classroom projects. I hope to have the final lanai pictures up for my Monday made it next week!
 
Here is a little sneak peak...
 
 
Maggie is enjoying it already!
 
 
 
I am linking up with Fourth Grade Frolics for another Monday Made It.
 
 
 
 
 
First up, my new desk nameplates! I am using the same format as last year, but I updated them to use my new colors.
 
 
 
I had them printed at Staples and laminated at the classroom store for durability. They are all ready to go!
 
 
 
 
I figured that I might as well make new cubby numbers while I was at it, so I put these together.
 
 
 
 
Ever since I discovered the glow effect in Publisher, I can't seem to stop using it! I think that the white glow really makes the numbers pop!
 
 
Now for my favorite made-it this week, my magnetic letter labels!
 
I found these magnetic letters in the dollar spot at Target last week and had to have them! I have a set of bigger letters at school, but they don't fit in any kind of storage box with compartments that I can find, so they are all mixed up in a plastic box. I have always wanted a more organized system for magnetic letters and now I have done it!
 
Ta-da!
 
 
 I am so pleased with these labels! It took a long time to make the, get them all cut out, then get them taped into the compartments, but I was so determined to have labeled letters that I didn't even care!
 
Here is the most exciting part of this whole project, I didn't just make one box... I made three! Woohoo!
 
 
It may be a bit odd to be this excited about storage, but I just can't help it! The magnetic letter part of my word work center is going to be so much more efficient this year!
 
 
I may have gone slightly overboard in labeling the outside of the boxes, but I wasn't sure which way they would fit on the shelf, so I labeled two sides and the tops.
 
 
Maggie thinks they look pretty good!
 
That's it for this week, I'm off to enjoy my (nearly finished) lanai with Maggie.
 
Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

  1. What a great storage container! I love how your labels look! I have a slight obsession with labeling things myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love labeling. It makes finding everything so much easier! I haven't seen those magnetic letters at Target. I'll have to look around for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping magnetic letters organized is always a challenge! Making multiple containers was a great idea.
    Linda at Primary Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie looks as though she knew you were taking the first photo--so cute! And a great organizing idea, too! Enjoy your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The magnetic letter container is terrific! My magnetic letters are sitting in a big Ziploc bags but yours look so cute and easy to use in that container with those adorable labels. Love it!

    Best,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your name tags are amazing! Also loving the letter storage!
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks great! I'm in the middle of making stuff like that for my classroom, as well. I don't know why I've never made my own stuff before. Instead, I used to frustratingly search and search for exactly the thing I had already pictured in my head! It's so much more fun to make our own!
    Stephanie
    Applelight Moments By Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks great! I'm in the middle of making stuff like that for my classroom, as well. I don't know why I've never made my own stuff before. Instead, I used to frustratingly search and search for exactly the thing I had already pictured in my head! It's so much more fun to make our own!
    Stephanie
    Applelight Moments By Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, I am obsessed with your magnetic letter labels and organization. They are awesome!! I just have a big tub of letters and they can never find the letters they need. I am so going to head to Target to get some of these letters!! How many packs did you buy? Where did you get the storage containers? Michaels? Are your letter labels in your tpt store? Sorry for all the questions- thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had the same problem, my kids always ended up spending more time looking for letters than actually building words!

      I used 4 packs of letters for each box (12 total). The boxes were from JoAnn's, but they have similar ones at Michael's. I don't have the labels in my store, but if you would like to email me at enchantedinelementary@mail.com I would be happy to send them to you!

      Victoria

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Where did you get those storage bins from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them at Joann's, but they also have them at Michael's.

      Delete
  12. Hey! I just got some magnetic letters the other day and will definitely have to organize them the way you did? Are you selling the template for the labeling for the box?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you want to buy magnetic name tags staples in Australia? Then visit Fast Fox Printing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you sell these lables on TPT? IF so, can you share the link to your store?

    ReplyDelete