Monday, July 18, 2016

Monday Made it: Lunch box carrier, brag tag organization


I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for another Monday Made it!



First up, a quick and easy project- my new lunch box carrier!

I found this rolling cart at Target (or you can find it here)


I got one for transporting my things back and forth from the classroom, but then my pod-mate mentioned that it would be great for a lunchbox carrier, and I had to do it! I usually use a laundry basket and have two kids each carry an end, but last year I had so many kids that brought a lunch box that I often needed four kids to carry it! Too much hassle!

I will admit, I can be a bit of a lazy crafter... I don't always measure before I make labels. Sometimes I just wing it! 


Luckily for me, it worked out and the label fits perfectly!


I think it turned out really cute! :)


This is something that I have been meaning to get to for years: relabeling my brag tag drawers.


I got this 64-drawer supply holder on amazon a couple of years ago to store my brag tags. I did a half-hearted attempt at labeling it a few years ago, but I wanted something that was more uniform and up to date.


I made some simple labels, cut them out, and taped them inside the front of the drawers. I didn't bother with laminating them as I will be the only one interacting with the drawers. 


I love how simple it looks and with all of the brag tag sorting, I am learning the layout pretty quickly.


That's it for my made-its this week! I was planning on a few more, but my poor Maggie has had a pretty rough week. Between a couple of emergency vet visits and there medications, she hasn't been the happiest of kitties (and I have been a very stressed kitty mama)! 


Luckily, this last visit and medication seems to have done the trick. Maggie seems to have recovered and is back to her sweet self!

Thank you so much for visiting! Make sure you visit 4th Grade Frolics to check out the other awesome made-its!

12 comments:

  1. I like your simple solution to the lunchbox problem!

    Julie
    Math is Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curious as to why kids don't carry their own lunch? I so need one of those baskets for transporting school stuff! Your cat looks sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's to help with the transition from recess to lunch. We have about 160 first graders all going to recess at the same time, so it is a lot easier to have 8 baskets on the sidewalk than tons of lunch boxes. :)

      Delete
  3. Love how compact and simple your brag tag organizer is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of your brag tag organizer, simple and chic! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for lunchbox transport!!! Love your brag tag organization too! Thanks for linking up:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the brag tags! The lunch box carrier is wonderful too, we have a similar one for library books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lunchbox transporter will be very handy!! Yes! Enjoy your week! Pam from PJ Jots http://mrsjimison.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the lunchbox carrier idea! I know what it's like to deal with vets and giving pets meds...my dogs got into a little tussle last night and had to go get stitches today. No fun! Hope your kitty is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the idea of using a rolling cart for lunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for this information. I have to let you know I concur on several of the points you make here and others may require some further review, but I can see your viewpoint. lunch tote

    ReplyDelete