Wednesday, July 2, 2014

What I'm Loving Wednesday- July 2

I'm linking up with Covered in Glitter and Glue for a What I'm Loving Wednesday!

 
 
Today I am loving.... the dollar store!
 
A few days ago I got out of my part-time job a couple of hours early (yay!) so I decided to stop by the dollar store on my way home. I can NEVER get out of there without filling up a basket!
 
 
 
I ended up with all kinds of goodies!
 
 
I am planning on using the big pink and green laundry baskets for storing stuffed animals (reading buddies) in the library. The green and pink trays will be for sharpened and unsharpened pencils and the white tubs will be book tubs in the library.
 
 
 
The tubs are the perfect size for the books I have been making for my classroom. Maggie thinks that they are the perfect height. :)
 

I was especially excited to see the green broom and dustpan sets. I had a couple of mini ones in my classroom last year and for some strange reason they are an incredible motivator when it comes to getting the kids to clean! I have never seen anything like it, I would take them out and suddenly even the messiest of kiddos was ready to clean! In order to keep up the novelty, we only took them out on special days, like the afternoon before student led conferences or curriculum night. My classroom always looked very neat and tidy on those evenings!

 
Now for something that is non-school related- I am currently obsessed with Hotel Impossible!



 

Truthfully, I love any of those shows where an expert comes in and fixes a business- Hotel Impossible, Tabatha Takes Over, Kitchen Nightmares, etc. My only complaint is that I have seen all of the ones that are available on demand!
 

That's it for today, thanks for visiting!

Victoria
 

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Enchanted-In-Elementary

1 comment:

  1. I have to be SO CAREFUL when entering the dollar store. You go in for one thing and up with 20!

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete