Monday, July 15, 2013

Made it Monday - July 15

As of today there are only four weeks until teachers go back to school here! I am getting a bit concerned as my to-do list seems to keep growing, even as I finish projects!


Fourth Grade Frolics


I finally got around to completing my prediction pail. I saw the idea on Kindergarten Boom Boom and loved it! I think we will use it mainly when we read chapter books. I'll have the kids write down predictions for what will happen in the next chapter and we will pick a few to read before we read the next day.




I also worked on my READ signs for the library. The area where I want to put my library has two large windows into the pod my room shares with three other classrooms. I wanted to put the READ signs on one of the windows, and my favorite character paintings on the other window. I don't have the paintings I did last year to show right now, I'll post them when I can get back into the classroom.
For the READ signs: I painted the letters and the plaques, covered the face of the plaques with scrapbook paper, and added the polka dots and ribbon.


I also made my new bathroom passes and a couple of hand sanitizer bottles for around the room. I originally saw the idea on Erica Bohrer's First Grade . I made things a bit simpler for myself and just printed and laminated the labels before using packing tape to stick them on. I love the idea of the kids having the hand sanitizer right there when they get back from the bathroom, because it doesn't matter how many times you talk about hand washing...



 That's it for me today! I have a few big projects I am working on this week and am hoping they will be done in time for next Monday. As always, thanks for reading and let me know what you think!

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment