Monday, July 25, 2016

Monday Made it: Classroom Store Part 2


I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for another Monday Made it!


I have a couple of projects that I am sharing today, including one that I have been looking forward to doing all summer: my classroom storefront!

In June, I blogged about the classroom currency I will be using this year: flamingo bucks. I have always wanted a storefront for the classroom, so this summer I decided to go for it!

I do very well when building things from a kit, but designing and building something from scratch... no, thank you! Luckily, my mom is also a crafter and has no problem wielding power tools!

I started with an old black bookshelf from my classroom. I used contact paper to cover the insides.




I got the bins from the dollar store and printed some price tags. I also decided to add some green washi tape around the edges of the shelf.



We used some wood strips to build the sides and top of the storefront. It took us quite a while and may or may not be slightly crooked on one side... oops! 

I had some leftover flamingo fabric from my desk skirt project last summer. We decided to use it to make an awning for the top of the store.




 My mom designed and made the awning, complete with scalloped edge.


When I think of a storefront, I always think of a scalloped awning! :)

We also added strips of the fabric on each side and tied them to look like curtains. 


I am so excited and can't wait to see it in the classroom!

That's it for this week, let me know what you think in the comments!

9 comments:

  1. Oh how FUN! That is some talent there with all the lovely work between adding the contact paper to the beautiful fabric work! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The contact paper and the awning turned that old shelf into something amazing, and who doesn't love flamingos??

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing store front, I'm sure the children will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH! What an adorable class store! I wish I could have something like this in my classroom! I just don't know it would work this year. If I can, you'll be my go to gal!

    https://ladyliteracy-sixthgrade.blogspot.com/2016/07/more-books-please-mosaic-monday-made-it_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your store! Kids are going to be super motivated and will love shopping. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your store! Kids are going to be super motivated and will love shopping. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your classroom store is too cute! Thank you so much for sharing :)
    www.fabulousfigs2.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your store is adorable! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your store front is the cat's meow!! I love it!!

    Dee
    Teaching at the Beach

    ReplyDelete